1. Where is the Elements program located?
Ridgeview Elementary School
9400 Nesbitt Ave.
Bloomington, MN 55438
Oak Grove Elementary School
1301 W. 104th St.
Bloomington, MN 55431
2. What are the schools' schedules?
The students follow the schedule of the individual buildings:
- Ridgeview Elementary School: 9:10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Oak Grove Elementary School: 9 a.m. – 3:20 p.m.
3. Which school will my child attend?
If your child’s current residence is within the Jefferson High School attendance area, he/she will attend Ridgeview Elementary School. If your child’s current residence is within the Kennedy High School attendance area, he/she will attend Oak Grove Elementary School. Use this school locator
to determine your attendance area high school. If you live outside of the Bloomington Public Schools attendance area, you may request placement into the elementary site that is most convenient. Placement of non-residents is based upon space available.
4. Is transportation provided?
If the child is a resident of the Bloomington Public Schools, free transportation is provided. Families living outside of the district must provide their own transportation.
5. Is there a cost to attend Elements?
There is no cost for this program. Students living outside of the Bloomington School District qualify for open-enrollment transfers at no cost, except that parents are responsible for transportation.
6. How are students selected for Elements?
Students are selected based on the placement criteria
. A Placement Committee will make placement recommendations. This program is not for all students; therefore, careful consideration is used as to whether this program fits each student’s needs.
7. What testing does an applicant need?
Every applicant must have a minimum of three pieces of data for consideration into the gifted programs.
- Ability Measure (CogAT, IQ, OLSAT, etc)
- Achievement Measure (MAP, NWEA, ITBS, etc.)
- Elements Teacher Recommendation Form
8. If my child is not admitted to Elements, will he/she still get a good education?
Yes. Bloomington Public Schools prides itself on assuring that each of our learners develops the knowledge, skills, and ethics necessary to achieve educational excellence and thrive in a rapidly changing world. Differentiation of curriculum and instruction ensures that gifted and talented students’ needs are met. Elements is not for students whose academic needs are being met within a differentiated regular classroom.
9. When are parents notified whether their child is accepted to attend Elements?
Applicants will be notified of placement decisions within six weeks of the application deadline.